Senior Event Designer - Event Sales
(Specific to Ray Bialek’s Ray of Sunshine email group)
Job responsibilities include:
- Listen to client’s needs and generate creative solutions designing rooms, themes, lounge environments, floor plans that are both functional and fun.
- Work directly with clients to determine and finalize event orders including custom branded stage sets, decorative lighting, lounge furniture, AV and Stage Lighting, theme decor, linens, china, or other client needs.
- Provide total solutions for clients that include planning services, design services, equipment services, technical services, and skilled professional execution of programs
- Pursue networking opportunities – develop and maintain professional contacts in the event industry by participating and attending industry association events creating beneficial relationships
- Establish Ampa as a vendor at all major venues throughout the metro DC and Mid Atlantic region
- Serve the event needs, equipment and technical services of other event professionals and venues
- Draft proposals and contracts using a sales database system that includes a point and click inventory database to support complete designs
- Manage the project to fruition including installation of client events and supervision of operation crew as needed.
- Interact with operations and administrative staff to ensure quality service to clients.
- Create reports and follow up with clients post-event
- Be a part of our social media program
- College degree preferred
- Outgoing, friendly personality with 5+ years demonstrated successful sales experience
- 5+ years of event, hospitality, or related experience.
- Have great relationships and experience with venues and organizations in the metro DC area
- Active in event industry associations
- Design, theatre, art, interior decorating, or other creative skills
- Strong art sense, well-developed sense of creative conceptualization
- Rendering, Photoshop, and Illustrator skills; hand sketch abilities are a definite plus!
- A positive attitude and the ability to be flexible to meet client needs
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Mac OS
- Social media skills
- Physical Requirement. Must be able to safely lift, move, twist, use ladders and work with 25-50 pounds using material handling equipment
- The event industry produces events at all times of the week and day. Evening and weekend availability is required as needed for customer service.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary commission and negotiable based on experience and skills.
- IRA with 3% Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave
- Direct Deposit
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
Thank you for your interest in Ampa Events Careers. So that we may evaluate you effectively, please proceed with the following:
- Review Ampa’s website and completely familiarize yourself with our company, its products and services.
- Review the job description of interest below.
- Determine if you have the required experience first.
- Send a cover letter clearly indicating which position you are interested in and why?
- Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title you are applying for in the subject line of email.
Career opportunities available in DC, Baltimore, Virginia, and Maryland. Ampa provides variety of event production services for corporate, non-profits, universities, worthy causes, gala, social, government and political clients. Our geographic coverages is primarily the mid-Atlantic states/east coast, and as a touring production company National meeting and Marketing Tours.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted; 75 lbs. with handcarts, etc. All positions at Ampa require some physical activity
- Able to work: weekends and holidays and in all conditions – weather, indoors or out; travel and overnights are required
- Good general academic skills: math, english, spelling, typing and possess good computer skills – Mac preferred
- Take responsibility and initiative
- Good verbal skills, good people skills in person and via phone
- Well groomed and presentable for business meetings as well as site work
Although all of these skills are not required for employment, possessing as many as possible will facilitate your success with Ampa resulting in a more rewarding career and high job satisfaction.
Ampa Events is a full service event company. We can plan events, provide rentals for all sorts of events, build custom structures for events and more.
We will reach out to you as soon as possible if we think you are a good fit for the company.
Yes, we have a full benefits package available to employees.