Event Operations Manager
(Specific to Ray Bialek’s Ray of Sunshine email group)
Location: Richmond, Va – Henrico County Distribution Center
Make the move to a better cost of living, and quality of life.
- Directing, supervising, and scheduling all aspects of operations, including scheduling of people, equipment, trucking, over-hire staffing, rentals, and other support gear and services.
- Facilitate efficiencies and smooth execution of events by developing timelines, schedules, and task lists for event installation
- Anticipate problems. Analyze and formulate proactive solutions in a positive manner.
- Inventory management, maintenance, and warehouse operations.
- Prepare reports and communicate regularly with the President on the state of operations.
- Lead and participate in the pre-production review process. Oversee production planning and anticipate production needs.
- Lead, manage and execute programs
- Work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours.
- Mentor, train, and develop staff in standard operating procedures for loading trucks, event installation, and warehouse operations. Enforce strict adherence to safety standards and Ampa’s standard operating policies and procedures
- Facilitate a safe work environment in the warehouse and at job sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years experience in a managerial position that includes directing and supervising a team of employees. The ideal candidate will have experience in theatre, events, conferences, hospitality, or other related businesses.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or within time-sensitive schedules.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Strong organizational skills that include planning in advance for success and maximum efficiency.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to form effective working relationships with clients, employees, and business partners.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job: walk/stand for extended periods of time, push/pull, kneel, climb ladders, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Work in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Must have a great driving record for insurance. Drive box trucks and pull a utility trailer as needed.
- Familiarity with digital inventory management methods.
- Vacation pay
- Holiday pay
- Retirement plan with 3% Matching
- Direct Deposit
- Flex Time
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ALL CANDIDATES:
Thank you for your interest in Ampa Events Careers. So that we may evaluate you effectively, please proceed with the following:
- Review Ampa’s website and completely familiarize yourself with our company, its products and services.
- Review the job description of interest below.
- Determine if you have the required experience first.
- Send a cover letter clearly indicating which position you are interested in and why?
- Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include position title you are applying for in the subject line of email.
Career opportunities available in DC, Baltimore, Virginia, and Maryland. Ampa provides variety of event production services for corporate, non-profits, universities, worthy causes, gala, social, government and political clients. Our geographic coverages is primarily the mid-Atlantic states/east coast, and as a touring production company National meeting and Marketing Tours.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. unassisted; 75 lbs. with handcarts, etc. All positions at Ampa require some physical activity
- Able to work: weekends and holidays and in all conditions – weather, indoors or out; travel and overnights are required
- Good general academic skills: math, english, spelling, typing and possess good computer skills – Mac preferred
- Take responsibility and initiative
- Good verbal skills, good people skills in person and via phone
- Well groomed and presentable for business meetings as well as site work
Although all of these skills are not required for employment, possessing as many as possible will facilitate your success with Ampa resulting in a more rewarding career and high job satisfaction.
Ampa Events is a full service event company. We can plan events, provide rentals for all sorts of events, build custom structures for events and more.
We will reach out to you as soon as possible if we think you are a good fit for the company.
Yes, we have a full benefits package available to employees.